Saturday, January 18, 2014

Homemade Nutella

Dear God, grant me the wisdom to avoid eating the entire jar in one sitting. :D
I mean...what can I say? I`m sorry if the pictures show you something that resembles poop, but the taste is just the same. 

This is not just a Nutella substitute. It is Nutella! 
 
There is NO ONE in this entire world who tasted Nutella and didn`t get addicted to it. The smooth, chocolaty hazelnut spread is impossible to resist. 

You`ll forget about your strict healthy eating plan and just eat spoonfulls. There is no natural force that can stop me enjoying every little bit of it.
I wish I could have taken pictures of the jar while it was still full...I simply forgot about everything and everyone once I tasted it. And tasted again and again...
 
Enough talking! Let me introduce you my Nutella recipe. If you are too lazy, go buy the original one, it`ll still be amazing.

My entire family is addicted to it. Yes, even my dad who prefers white chocolate over black one. You know what they said? That this is even better than the store bought one! 

Ingredients:
200 g hazelnuts, skin on or off(untoasted&unsalted)
5 to 7 Tablespoons honey or icing sugar (sweeten it to your own taste)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 to 2 teaspoons vegetable,flavourless oil(such as canola)
1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder

Directions   
Preheat oven to 180 Celsius/375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet/tray with parchment paper and put the hazelnuts on it . Toast them for aprox. 12 minutes or until the skins peel of easly when rubbed between your fingers.
Peel skins off and put them in a blender or a food processor. Blend on high until it resembles coarse crumbs. 
Add in oil (you might need more or less, start off with 1 Tbsp and blend after each addition until you get a smooth, shiny paste. 


  Like in the pictures above.
Toss in cocoa powder, vanilla extract, honey and blend on high for 5 minutes. Check it for the right consistency. If you think it`s not smooth or silky enough, blend more. Take a spatula and run it around the blades to make sure there are no pieces of whole hazelnuts. 
Store the Nutella in a jar..who am I kidding? Eat it! 
  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment