Friday, April 25, 2014

Chewy Berry Brownie

This might be one of the most perfect brownie recipes I`ve ever made...and tasted.

So Easter is here and I am already trying to make up my mind about what to bake. Of course I`ll share the recipe&pictures with you, but I have sooo many ideas: Turkish Delight Crescent Rolls, Shortbread Layers Lemon Bars, Romanian Easter Cheesecake Bread (Pasca), Meringue Coffee Delights. Oh my Goodness...can`t decide.

But leaving that aside, let me present these amazingly delicious Brownies. This is the perfect balance between sweetness and tartness. Yeah, ok, I know I`m not helping you if you are on a spring diet or something, but taking into account that there`s berries in here, you could think this is healthy. Somewhat. All right, not healthy at all. But it`s surely worth the indulgence.


I love how these turned out! Exactly how I imagined: not overly sweet, packed with flavor and lovely texture. Whenever a brownie turns out like that, there`s nothing that can make me happier. Except, well, eating a piece.

Sorry, the pictures are horrendous. Who cares? I just had the best dessert in the world. I declare right now, in front of you, that this will be from now on my go-to recipe for a quick&easy yet scrumptious treat.


And have them for breakfast. That`s right. I am rebelling against healthy breakfast when Easter is here! We should enjoy ourselves and leave the guilt aside. I`m going to have another piece. Thank you!

I promise that I`ll try to post as many healthy&low fat&low sugar&vegan dessert recipes as I can, but you know, I kinda have a difficult time in doing that. 


What can I tell you more? There`s 10 pm here and I`m not tired a single bit. I just had a fight with my mom, and (lucky me!) I found some chocolate which I am constantly snacking on right now. Life has good and bad parts. 

Yep.


Am I the only one who feels like this brownie is calling my name? I want it! And it shall be mine. Soon. After I cut down on sugar and fats for a week or two?

What? I`m serious `bout it.

Who am I kidding? I can`t keep my hand off anything tasty& naughty. If I am to eat my calories, then let me eat them in what I like.

I am the worst example for kids to follow. Really.


Have I mentioned how I hate the light&sharpness at these pictures? I H-A-T-E them. But I keep posting because...why not? It still looks delish.


I don`t care how unappetizing this looks! It`s the best brownie I`ve ever eaten and made. It`s so easy that even a toddler could do it. Just be careful when you bake it. Brownies can change their consistency&texture depending on how long you bake them. I usually bake mine at a lower temperature and a bit longer (with 5-10 minutes, not a big deal) so this way I can ensure the brownie is fully done and it doesn`t fall apart when cut, but still remains moist&chewy&gooey in the middle.


Ingredients:
250 gr butter
3 heaping Tablespoons (65 gr) cocoa powder
7 Tablespoons milk
1 and 1/2 cups (405 gr) granulated sugar (white or brown, doesn`t matter)
1 and 1/2 cups flour (308 gr) 
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
260 gr. mixed berries (blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries. cherries)

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 d F/170 d C. Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside while you make the batter.

2. In a large saucepan (like those your mom uses for soups or large meals), add the diced butter, cocoa powder, milk and sugar and stir over low heat until butter melts completely and sugar granules dissolve. Take off the heat and allow to cool a bit.

3. Meanwhile, beat eggs very well. Add it carefully to the slightly warm mixture, pouring in a thin stream, so the eggs won`t scramble. Mix thoroughly until eggs are well incorporated. Next, fold the flour in 2 batches. Lastly, add the extracts (vanilla, almond) and berries. 
Pour in baking pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, keeping an eye close on it, so it won`t burn.

4. Allow to cool completely in pan before cutting and serving it. Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment